On 4/17/2013 11:25 AM, Bill wrote:
On 17/04/2013 10:15 AM, Walt wrote:
On 4/17/2013 11:10 AM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
Get that proper sessions sorted mate!:-)

I just got another tease from her. "I will try to this week I don't start work till Monday so I should have some free time."

I resisted saying, "Now, where have I heard that before?"

As a rule, I give them one chance to flake. I will try and set up a second shoot, but after that, I'm not interested in having my time wasted if the cancel or pursue a shoot but won't commit to a time. Apparently, I'm a lot more forgiving than a lot of photographers out there, who if the model flakes on them once, they cease to exist.
I mean really, how many times can your Grandmother die?

bill

I'd probably take the same tack if I had any kind of options. Unfortunately, I'm still at the begging-for-scraps stage of photography. So, if she calls ten minutes before she's ready to do a shoot, I'll probably say something like, "Well, I was scheduled for a liver transplant. But, you know, I'd probably just abuse it like I did the last one. So, yeah -- see you in ten minutes."

Maybe when I have a few worthy shots under my belt, I can be a bit more cavalier toward models.

-- Walt