> In what ways do you foresee that you could better yourself as a
photographer? Is it all about Pentax releasing the camera of your dreams, or
do you have another muse for your creativity?

> Jostein

There are two things about photography that drive me.
1 - the ability to say something in an image
2 - the capacity to convey that message in a pleasing manner

Both of these require forethought and controlled execution.  Nothing ad hoc
or random.  (I might even say "intelligent design" in photography.)
I find poor equipment inadequate to the task.  Though the K-x produced a
suitable image for many purposes, the AF issue left it unsuitable for
upcoming planned shots.  Same goes with lenses.
At this point I see possibly giving up film entirely in about a year.  But
that will depend upon the availability of reasonably-priced monochrome
inkjet printing at various sizes.
Right now chemical processing is cheaper.  And often looks better.

I would have liked to get into some of the alternative printing methods.
Pl/Pd cannot be imitated in digital.  But then again, I really don't want to
fuss with toxic stuff.

A couple of years ago I discovered that *I* was the cliché.  There was this
Ford commercial with the retired guy and his 8x10 on a peak, framing for a
shot.  I could have sworn I was looking  at the TV and not a mirror.

Time to stop rambling.
Right now I'm just a "good" photographer and really don't want to spend the
resources (time/money) to go to that next level.  It looks fun, but I have
other goals in life.  And life is short.  People and the Lord first.
Hobbies are down the list.