On 18 Apr 2013, at 20:50, Walt <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So sorry to hear you all are going through this. I'm fortunate enough to live
> in a rural area where it's a vanishingly small concern -- though, I do live
> very near a uranium enrichment facility, which would be a ripe target, I
> suppose.
>
> Still, I can't imagine living life with the ever-present threat of explosions
> waiting just around every corner. I suppose one becomes inured to it in a
> sense, but that strikes me as no less insidious than living in a constant
> state of terror.

We've lived with this in the UK since at least 1969. Everyone is aware without
being frightened or stressed.

 It was far worse, frankly, when you expected to see a big mushroom cloud
someday, and expected to have to wait helplessly until the fall-out got to you.
That seemed certain, whereas the likelihood of dying or being maimed by
terrrorists is hugely less than that of being killed by cancer, cars, bad diet
or a safe falling on your head.

Happy days!