> From: Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com>
>
> On 4/18/2013 7:31 PM, Tom C wrote:
>> I wouldn't really want to limit myself to a single focal length lens
>> on any camera. It's very limiting and the flexibility offered by a
>> zoom or interchangeable lenses is too great to be ignored. Too many
>> missed shots and opportunities. This is no doubt aimed at street
>> shooting.
>
> Unlike you (said in 100% respectful manner), I've been shooting with
> most exclusively primes and almost always 50-60 EFL for about a year. It
> is after I've been shooting a long time with DA* 16-50/2.8. I find small
> size and fixed focal length of my gear to be refreshing and not limiting
> my photography in any way...
>
> If this camera is indeed a follow up from 28 mm lensor for GXR system,
> it ought to be outstanding...

Then I politely suggest that YOU are likely limiting yourself to
compositions that would work well with that narrow range of EFL.
That's fine. It doesn't mean that others wouldn't appreciate a greater
degree of flexibility. After all, that's the primary reason for
interchangeable lens and zooms.

If I read you correctly, the camera you're using has interchangeable
lenses. It therefore affords you the ability to change focal length if
you desired. That's far different than being stuck with just one focal
length.

Again, for some that may be fine, but I prefer to not be constrained
by a fixed focal length camera.

Tom C.