The "Shelter in Place was lifted this evening. The 'T' and bus and train travel
is lifted. Some accountant somewhere posted it cost Boston 133 million to be
shut down like this.

I'd want to stay home, as they announced earlier today "If no comes to the door
after we show out police ID, we will have to break in a door or window. All
homes WILL be searched."

Nothing like this has EVER happened before in the USA.

On Apr 19, 2013, at 11:40 , Mark Roberts wrote:

> John Sessoms wrote:
>
>> From: Mark Roberts

>>> They'll all have to drive themselves. Lisa's hospital ID card has a
>>> Emergency certification of some kind that she can show to police in
>>> situations like this (or snow emergencies when travel is banned) but
>>> she's in Chicago for a CAP meeting. Actually, she took a cab to the
>>> airport around 5:30 this morning, before all street traffic was
>>> banned. Haven't heard from her yet so I'm assuming she's in mid-flight
>>> now -  they didn't stop flights out of Logan.
>>
>> Coincidentally a Boston PD spokes-person had just come on the CBS Boston
>> stream I'm watching to make an announcement that they were aware that a
>> number of people were already on their way to or had arrived at work
>> when the lock-down went into effect. He said the policed DO NOT expect
>> them to shelter in place.
>>
>> Those people can drive home or take a taxi, but the police still want
>> everyone else to stay inside.
>
> They lifted the ban on taxi service around lunch time. It's pretty
> much the only way to get to/from the airport now.

Joseph McAllister
     Pentaxian