On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's pretty cool, I was thinking of trying the same thing with my
> A300/2.8 and 1.7AF TC on the K5 and possibly testing the astro
> tracking on the GPS unit, light pollution here isn't great for night
> viewing though.

Saturn's bright, you don't need tracking and light pollution shouldn't
be a big problem.

I shot at ISO 100, f/8 set on lens (so f/11 effective), 1/4 second. I
don't think you want to go much longer than that without tracking, but
there's obviously plenty of room to speed up ISO and aperture from
what I shot.