From: Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: A failing k-5 sensor? oh no! :(

Also I never sent it in to be checked out, because quite honestly I've
been exceptionally poor lately and cannot afford hundreds of dollars
in repair bills. I also have a blown metz flash that needs sent in
right now and thats another 160 I don't have at the moment. It still
worked fine for months until now. I never had any real issues other
than the bent ring that I replaced and that was the only thing that
seemed wrong. The lcd screen is a little scratchy, but heck pentax
sells replacements so they can't fault me for that too much. I was
just curious if anyone was ever in the same boat as me on this list.
If they want $400 to replace the sensor, I'm probably out of luck at
this moment in time. I've seen some other pentax cameras, and I get
the feeling that pentaxians can be a bit hard on their gear. I try to
never drop cameras, but disasters happen as I've sadly learned.