On 29 April 2013 10:58, Mark C <pdml-m...@charter.net> wrote:
> Very nice! The light is excellent and the pano really gives the full view of
> the waterfront.

Thanks Mark, it's definitely a great spot, I've taken a lot of great
photos from that point (so have hundreds of thousands of tourists too
of course) but it really worked for me that morning.

Cheers,

On 30 April 2013 05:04, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:

> The light curve is really amazing, from the blown highlights on the left,
> to the darker middle, and finally lit objects on the right.  I often find
> panos a bit gimmicky, but this nails why people try -- and it's one of
> the few times I've wished for a widescreen monitor.

Thanks Aahz, As I mentioned a bit earlier in the thread I was lazy and
have currently only used the in camera jpgs to assemble the pano (as
is the case normally so I don't waste time trying to make a silk purse
out of a pigs ear using huge files), so I suspect that using optimised
images (from RAW) I will get a much better result re dynamics plus it
will be much larger as I always have my in camera jpg engine set to
deliver 2MP files.

I have shot lots of panos, some worked some didn't but often it's a
surprise because expectations are either exceeded or are found to have
been very over estimated. I've probably only shot ten or so panos that
I could print large and be really pleased with. So I'm glad this one
worked as well as it did becasue the trip was unplanned, the location
was a last minute decision (literally) and I really took far less care
than I would in a situation where I had set out initially to capture a
pano.

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)