On 30/04/2013 07:50, Rob Studdert wrote:
On 30 April 2013 14:45, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

It's not old enough for anything to be regular. 8 -)

Dampened with rain twice, I think.  But there's no corrosion under the loose
paint.  It just seems to have not adhered properly.  At the edge of the
flakes, I can't shift it with a fingernail.

OK, that's not good, just a crap paint job on the piece I guess.
Thinking about it after I first replied I guess it's the most likely
place for sweat to accumulate and if it's used with the grip off
regularly small scratches could conspire to cause corrosion there but
hey if it's new there's really no excuse. :( Warranty trip just in
case it gets worse?

The UK service company has come back immediately to an email contact with a request to send it to them for evaluation. Can't complain. I'll see if I can call in during a visit to parents (who live not too far away from them) rather than post it.

--
No fixed Adobe