I have always found bees to be difficult to track, but their behavior is reasonably predictable. Sometimes that actually makes it more frustrating, though.

For telephoto work - not macro - I once had a Takumar 500mm f4.5 that have built on sights - a peg on the rear of the lens and a v-notched bar on the front. Made it very simple to line up with the subject. I wish other telephotos had that - I usually just peep over the top of the camera but that is not so accurate.

Mark