Hi Darren -

Close, but no Cigar.  The camera store was Calandra's.  When I worked
there, it was a family owned regional chain.  I don't remember how
many stores they had, but it was at least 20.

Some of the stores were camera equipment only, others were combination
Hallmark card and party goods and camera equipment.  The combination
sounds odd, but it made a lot of sense at the time.  If you were
either having or going to a party you would also want film and
flashbulbs, etc.  It worked well until the early '70s.

They merged into Fox photo and a few years later they both fell off the radar.

GS

George Sinos
www.GeorgesPhotos.net
www.GeorgeSinos.com