On 07/05/2013 12:31 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
I was visiting a friend tonight, and his wife had
mentioned having an old film nikon she no longer
used and wanted to give to me.  Turns out it was
an FG. It also turns out that it has something wrong
with it. The mirror is stuck in the up position,
and the shutter won't cock.
FG was an acronym for Fucking Garbage. It is the absolutely worst camera Nikon put their name onto. You can try putting a couple of batteries into it, and then smack the base of the camera into the palm of your hand HARD to make the mirror drop. You might fix the mirror lock up, but you might also break the flex board that runs from the shutter button over the prism and to the electronics on the other side. (if the board isn't already snapped.

However, it also came with an AIS mount Nikkor 50/1.8.
The one Nikon lens I was seriously missing was a fast
standard.
Is it the AIS or the Series E?
Even cooler, she also gave me a micro Nikkor 55/2.8
1:1 macro lens.
Nice lens.

bill