Hello brothers:

Just got the 6x7 MLU camera which I bought on ebay a couple of weeks ago. To
say the least, I am impressed. It feels so right, despite the size and
weight! The ergonomics is wonderful. The weight is quite manageable and it
is very comfortable to handhold. I am a bit disappointed with the lens
(105mm f/2.4, new style) built, feels like SMC-A lenses, a bit too plasticky
for my taste, but still OK. A bigger disappointment is the focusing screen
brightness -- I guess I got spoiled by LX and ME-S (those look like p/s
cameras put by its side). But the focusing aid in the center looks really
neat, kinda like in a rangefinder, I like it a lot more than the standard
split image. I expected a lot worse mirror shake and shutter noise (someone
described it as banging trashcan lids), it seems quite reasonable. It took
me a few minutes to load my first roll, but now that I went through this
excercise once, it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. Overall, I must
say, I am happy with the way it looks and feels. And having it by my side, I
think I would be quite comfortable walking in the darkest meanest
neighborhoods ;)

Now the questions. The manual I've got was from Honeywell 6x7, apparently
much older than what I have, so there are some discrepancies. There's no
self timer, correct? That thingy, "shutter cocking key", what exactly is
that and is it useful? I don't have it. There's a hole on the bottom plate,
behind the tripod socket. What is it? The manual doesn't say a word (in
fact, the manual doesn't say much about anything, but it wasn't difficult to
figure 90% of everything). The s/n is 4149036. Any idea how old is that? Are
there good replacement for the standard screen? Are they expensive?
Difficult to change (the manual says "by authorized personel")?
The package I have is the body, the metering prism (the meter seems OK), the
lens and 3 filters (80a, sky and polarizing). I would rate everything as
exellent condition (many signs of use but not much abuse -- some scratches
on the paint, minor brassing, scratches on the base from tripod mount, but
no dents/dings, nothing ugly, a a few feet away it look like new; the glass
is clean, focusing is right on, at least through the finder). What should I
pay attention to meanwhile to make nothing's wrong with it? I paid $850 +
s/h. Did I do good?

The mirror box lacks some foam to dampen the mirror. Is it
difficult/expensive to replace?

Too bad I won't have a chance to test it in action until the weekend (but I
have one week to check it out and return if not happy, so that is enough
time).

Newly enabled brother Mike