On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 03:16:39PM -0400, kwal...@peoplepc.com wrote:
> I'm about to exceed the 9999 image file number and do not want to
> duplicate the numbers on existing image files. I'm assuming it will
> rollover to 0001. What have others done when faced with this
> concern. I have a K20D but I don't believe this is unique to this
> body.
>
> Suggestions sought.

It may not surprise people that I've put some thought into
how to handle large numbers of photo files.

There are two things I do.
First, I set the four digit file ID to LRC0, LRC1, LRC2 etc. incrementing the
number when
(or shortly after) the counter rolls over.

I also have each photo shoot stored by date, in an organized directory tree.

2011a has directories 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106
2011b has 1107, 1108 ... 1112

Each time I go out shooting, I store the related photos in a directory