On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 4:08 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> Yes it was excellent.  However, there was one thing that I didn't
> understand, the subscript on some of the aperture readings.
> Was that just another digit of "precision", i.e. 8.7?
>
> If so, why not just show it as 8.7?

Many meters display additional precision in tenths of a stop. So F:8.0
+ 3/10 stop is about F:9. It would be great if they'd display in
thirds of a stop instead, or just skip that nonsense and display in
more accurate f-stops, but this appears to be the tradition and is
what it is, as they say.

--
-bmw