If you still own the mechanical/electrical remote switch for the PZ-1(p), it is
fairly easy to rig it so an old cable release trips the two interior
microswitches sequentially. The rig just replaces the button you would normally
depress with your thumb with the cable release plunger.

On May 15, 2013, at 22:28 , P.J. Alling wrote:

> What you want if you can find one at a reasonable price is a "Mamyia Cable
> Release Adapter RC-204".  It converts old style cable release movement, (it
> has a tapered tapped release socket. on one side and four gold plated sockets
> for very thin pin connectors on the other), into the connections needed to
> activate and release the shutter of a camera with electronic remote release.
> Then all you need is the camera side connector and a length of three lead
> wire and a method of cobbling it all together.  I used solder and hot glue,
> in an old plastic automobile fuse box.  I was able to get a pair of the afor
> mentioned adapters on eBay a few years ago for $10 for the pair and built a
> Pentax compatible adapter from telephone cable and a micro audio plug.  It
> worked just fine until flexing the wire caused one of the leads to snap.  I
> plan on building a second one in one piece with no cable, but just haven't
> gotten around to it yet.  I had a web page up with an /almost/ step by step
> description of the project but that went away with my old web site.
>
> On 5/15/2013 3:20 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
>> Yep, that's what I'm trying to find. Nothing but dead links from that page
>> though.
>>
>> From: Darren Addy
>>> http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/27228-cable-release-tapered-threads

  Joseph McAllister