A robin family built a nest in a bush right outside our back door,
practically on top of the driveway.  I have been watching mama robin
do her thing for about a week... every time I'd check on her, she'd
be dutifully sitting on her nest.  Then, a couple of days ago, I
peeked, and she wasn't there.  Sure enough, she had a nestful of
hatchlings.  Four, in all.

I'm not much of a nature photographer, but this was a pretty easy get,
and - bonus! - I didn't have to wake up before dawn to hike out into
the middle of a swamp.  Tricky business, still.  Getting a clear line
of sight into the nest without trimming the boxwood and not getting
too close for mama's comfort was a challenge.

Anyway, I ended up with one or two that I like:
http://www.christinenielsen.com/sharing/h5fc506ae#h5fc505cc
I used the 60-250, and cropped pretty heavily... I think the image
held up ok, considering... what do you think?

Unfortunately, there might be a sad ending to this tale... yesterday,
I didn't see mama in the nest except once in the morning.  No little
beaks or tufty heads peeking out of the nest all day, either.  And
nothing today.  I fear the worst... that my snooping on them may have
spooked mama, or tipped off a crow or other predator to a tasty lunch.
 :(

A shame, since I was hoping that mama would stick around & give me
some pointers on shoving younguns out of the nest...

-c