I've added three small galleries under the Flora&Fauna folder on my photo site;
these cover the last three days of my trip around Lake Michigan.

Flora&Fauna folder is here:  http://photos.stanhalpin.com/f373033916  Last
three galleries are new.

When I left Milwaukee after the gathering there, I headed north into central
Wisconsin. Sunday morning I spent time in and around the Horicon Marsh National
Wildlife Refuge (NWR):

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p818771490

Sightings included several Black-backed Stilts and Dunlins (new to me and rare
in the midwest). And my first relatively close-up view of a pair of Redhead
ducks.

I then proceeded northwest into the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan. Quite a
bit of rain along the way and overnight. Monday morning I spent in and around
the Seney NWR;

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p1006118452

Monday afternoon I drove through heavy rain to Whitefish Point, usually one of
the top birding spots in the state, especially during spring migration. It
seemed that all the birds were hunkered down because of the cold wet weather,
so I did also. I stayed overnight in Paradise, then did some short walks around
the Upper Falls at Tahquamenon Falls State Park before heading south for home
through more rain. Besides the Falls etc. I did see an American Redstart pair
(new to me) but couldn't get any decent pictures. Couldn't even get my usual
picture of the Macinaw Straits bridge - too much fog/low-lying clouds. The 3rd
gallery has a few shots of the falls and elsewhere in the U.P.

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p542727846

An enjoyable trip, one I would like to repeat when the weather is a bit drier.

stan