Had a fun little "backyard" chase in Custer County (the county north
and west of my home county of Buffalo). I walked out of a hardware
store and saw what appeared to be an atom bomb that had gone off to my
northwest. I checked radar on my iPad to see how far away it was
(distances can be deceiving out here on the plains). To my surprise it
wasn't even showing (yet) on radar. As luck would have it it was
exactly midway between two radar stations and so (due to the curvature
of the earth) had to get very tall before it was seen by either one).
As luck would have it, it was only about an hour's drive. When I
caught up to it, I found a very pretty little low precipitation (LP)
supercell. It was a slow mover and this is what it looked like a
couple of hours later, just east of the hamlet of Westerville,
Nebraska.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/8850051008/

Hope you enjoy it.

--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi