Actually the AF 200T has a built in sensor, which can be used in either "red" or "green" mode to give pretty good automatic results even with the K20D so I expect that it will work just as well with the K-5. In fact the the flash recognizes the K20D in it's Green and P modes to set the suggested shutter speed and aperture, (including normal exposure biasing), it doesn't support any of the more advanced flash modes from the quick menu, but the fact that it does any of that at all is a plus. The AF 200S however supports TTL automatic only IIRC, so you can only use it as a manual flash.

Pentax's P-TTL implementation on the K20D used to give such inconsistent results that Bill Robb seemed to have a daily rant about it a few years ago which stopped me from buying a more advanced flash than the AF 280T which works pretty much as the AF 200T does.