Stan, the lack of eye detail is a major detraction from an otherwise decent shot of an elusive bird.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: PESO: another merganser portrait (and a Loon)

I prefer this crop as well. On the loon pic, you might try to pull a little more shadow detail by tweaking the curves in conversion. But both are nice shots.

Paul
On Jun 9, 2013, at 11:31 PM, Kenneth Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

Much better IMO

-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>

Thanks again Bob S., Paul, Ken, Jack, Ann, Frank and others who viewed the original.
A slightly looser crop of the Merganser is here:

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e6de8c0d6

Have also added another, a Common Loon in a similar pose:

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p155717848/e6cedb742

The Loon was shot with the same setup, but on a monopod this time. A bit later in the afternoon, more clouds than in yesterday's Merganser shot.

stan