On 6/12/2013 1:47 PM, George Sinos wrote:
I called Goodwill this morning and they now accept used
animals, toys and even broken computer equipment.

So, the bear is no longer sad.  He and his friends will find new
homes.  (and a bunch of old computer stuff is going with them!)
Or be recycled, (The old computer equipment is the richest gold ore currently available on earth, the rare earths may be recoverable as well, though I'm not too sure about that, so I expect it's fate is resource recovery. Lord only knows the fate of the stuffed animals).