Also bring a hat. I'm 6'4" and the burner made it uncomfortable for my head when the burner was on - depends on the size of the baloon basket.

Enjoy the quiet!

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill" <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Balloon photo advice?

On 19/06/2013 8:38 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
Good morning,

I'm scheduled to take a hot-air balloon ride tomorrow morning, and am planning on taking the K-5, 10-17, 16-45, 50-200, and polarizer.

Is that too much?  Any advice?
You could probably leave both the 10-17 and the 16-45 with the chase vehicle. About the only time I used wides when on a balloon flight (I probably been on 50 balloon flights) was to take pictures of the people in the basket. IIRC, the 16-45 isn't a ginormous lens, so you could probably slip it into a pocket, though whether you will use it is debatble. A word to the wise, balloon landings are sometimes VERY rough, and things can get bounced around pretty good. Any blunt objects that aren't well stowed can be quite dangerous if the winds are more than a few knots during the landing.

bill