I've upgraded to LR 5 in my new computer from LR 3 on the old one. You will
recall---if not, take my word for it---I lost my entire photo database. It
actually happened back at the turn of the year, but I only discovered it a
couple weeks ago. Nevertheless, in LR3 I could still see the images even though
the database was missing.

I've imported my old catalogue into LR 5 following instructions I got on the
web [Laura Shoe video]. When I open up LR 5 and navigate to the empty folders I
no longer see the images. Only empty slide frames. Is that as it should be?

It shouldn't matter. The files are gone. I couldn't do anything with the images
in LR 3 anyway. But at least I had reminders of what I had.

[Or maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe there are things that could be done with whatever
it was I have in my LR 3 installation. I'll be surprise if that's the case, but
of course also delighted.]

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver