From: Jim Apilado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:11:06 -0800
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pentax SF1 Question

Once you get the camera repaired you must try
and locate the adapter that
allows the use of AA batteries to power the
camera.
Jim A.

> From: Chris Brogden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:44:43 -0600 (CST)
> To: "Pentax Discussion Group (E-mail)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Pentax SF1 Question
>
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Bowman, John wrote:
>
>> I an new to the board and have a question
about a recently acquired
>> SF1. It seems to be killing batteries in a
few days, even when off. I
>> put new batteries in the camera and left it
for a few days and bingo,
>> they are dead. I suspect that they are being
drained by the LCD
>> display that seems to stay on even if the
main switch is shut off. Not
>> sure if it should go off or not. This is the
first "modern" camera I
>> have owned so I am not familiar with new
fangled electronics. I would
>> appreciate any comments or suggestions.
>
> AFAIK, the LCD uses almost nothing in the way
of battery power.  It's like
> the one on digital watches, and those last
forever on small batteries.
> It sounds like a problem with the circuitry,
so taking it to a camera
> repair center would probably be a good
idea.  I'm sure other people will
> give you more specific advice.
>
> chris
> -
> This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail
List.  To unsubscribe,
> go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the
directions. Don't forget to
http://pug.komkon.org .
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail
List.  To unsubscribe,
go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the
directions. Don't forget to
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at