Sounds like a great day, nice goin'!  Love the shots of Akira, and the
superfan, especially.

:)
-c

On Jun 29, 2013, at 2:59 AM, Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

What a day we had.  Akira & I had planned a visit to the Adler Planetarium
Friday--the same day as the Blackhawks parade.  We took the Brown line into
downtown to catch the 146 bus to the Museum Campus on the lakefront.  We waited
and waited for the bus, but it never showed, so we decided to hoof-it and
caught some snaps along the way.  It's a bit of a trek from State and Van Buren
to Roosevelt road and the lakefront--especially navigating through large crowds
and a strong summer sun.  Then while walking along a curb, the wheel of a
street cleaning truck caught a can of some sugary drink and splashed both Akira
and me.  I was ready to throw in the towel right then and there, but we braved
on, laughed it off, and finally made it to the Adler Planetarium.

It was a lovely outing with my littlest nephew, who will turn 13 next Sunday.
He is so clearly not a little boy anymore.  He's one inch taller than me!!!

These are just random snaps.  The truth is Akira and I gabbed and giggled all
day making photography a bit of an after thought, but I got 12 decent shots and
I thought I'd share.  Not sure which one will be my PAW this week--maybe I'll
go out and shoot tomorrow for something different.  We'll see.

http://www.caguila.com/adler/index.html

Cheers, Christine