On Jun 29, 2013, at 6:44 PM, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv> wrote:

> On 29/6/13, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:
>

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/9164974771/lightbox
>>
>> Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.
>

> Interesting! Looked at it for rather longer than I though I would have.
> Couldn't decide if I liked it. Couldn't decide if I didn't like it either.
>
> That's a thought-provoking pic!

I actually had the same reaction when I looked at it yesterday.  I decided to
think about it before I responded.  I think the composition and rendering are
great, but the subject, the woman, is a bit unsettling (in a good way).  Her
expression--her eyes--her pout--all leave me a bit, well, unsettled as I said.
The photo points to the tradition of grotesque, and I can imagine the woman in
one of Flannery O'Connor's short stories.

Cheers, Christine