Quoting knarftheria...@gmail.com:

I don't know if that's really what baby grebes are called; I guess I should look it up.

So the excitement is that for the first time that anyone remembers the local red necked grebe eggs have hatched and no less than five baby grebes have been spotted around the lakeside park near my apartment!

I was thrilled to spot this parent feeding a little one:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.ca/2013/07/feeding-time-for-grebelings.html?m=1

It was a one shot deal. The next dive the parent came up quite far away and the little one drifted over, out of my range. I did continue shooting but they were too small and blurry. I watched with fascination for half an hour while mom or dad (don't know which) performed dive after dive, coming up with a small fish each time for baby. Then they retired to their nest.

So this isn't the sharpest shot ever, but it was the only one I got. As a document it's okay, but not a great nature photo, to very sure.

Still, I hope you enjoy it. Comments welcome.

I think you're being overly hard on yourself. That's a fine shot with lots of interesting components apart from the birds.

And if 'grebelings' isn't the correct name for young grebes, it should be. :-)>

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters