The DOF is indeed very lovely. In fact, Darren, this is example of
excellent photography as it is.

Zos, you don't want this lens (spoken in the same voice as Ben Kenobi
when he and Luke were approaching Mos Eisley cantina)...

No, really - you already have 35-105/3.5 and with a bit of thoughtful
handling of DOF you can get very similar results at 105/3.5.

Also - looking at others good photos' causes LBA to manifest itself.
LBA leads to spent money. Spent money lead to hard work. Hard work
leads to suffering. Suffering leads to the dark side :-).

Yoda has spoken...

/big friendly grin/

--
Boris