On 7/9/2013 10:28 AM, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Tue, Jul 09, 2013, John wrote:

I don't know what Ann's choices are in NYC, but here in Raleigh, it's
either Time-Warner Cable RoadRunner or AT&T (formerly BellSouth) ADSL.

You could also go wireless.  There are several varieties, including just
plain cell phone with hot-spot.

Not an option I'm interested in. Anyway, my home is in a dead spot.

I used to have good signal until Verizon bought Altell & switched us all
over to their tower. Altell's tower was down at the end of the valley.
Verizon's tower is on the other side of the ridge.