Henry Repeating Arms sells the AR-7 through Canadian dealers.

On 7/17/2013 2:14 AM, P.J. Alling wrote:
They've relaxed their laws recently but I doubt they'd let a non
Canadian carry a pistol suitable for self defense against wolves.  A
rifle if you had the proper hunting permit, but that seems like
something most bicyclists would eschew.

On 7/16/2013 6:17 PM, Kenneth Waller wrote:
FWIW transporting a gun thru Ca Na Da is illegal.

-----Original Message-----
From: John <johnsess...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Jul 16, 2013 5:00 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: OT: wolf chases bike

On 7/16/2013 3:40 PM, Bob W wrote:
Fantastic story. Not something I've experienced commuting in London,
but we do get chased by 18-wheelers from time to time. Dead is dead.

When Dervla Murphy cycled from Ireland to India she had the good
sense to take a revolver, so when she was attacked by wolves in
Bulgaria, she shot them dead.

Works great if there's no more than 6 wolves in the pack.

Or did she just use the revolver to shoot a riding companion in the
knee, delaying the pack while she made her escape?