My lamp has 312 LEDs and it's bright enough to add some light in fall-off areas
when shooting with flash. I recently used it when shooting a car at dusk from a
3/4 angle. It was sufficiently powerful to even out the lighting down the side
of the car. It takes a lithium i-ion battery identical to that of some Sony
video cameras.  The lamp is similar to this one but has variable field of light
rather than variable color temp:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/884129-REG/genaray_led_7100t_312_lamp_variable_clr.html