On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Cyril MARION wrote:

> So my question to the list is how do the 2 zooms compare.
> Is the FA 28-105 really the best complement for a Z1 ?

Although you did manage to put a _slightly_ different twist on it by
adding the Z1 part (smart!), the basic question still has to be amongst
the most frequently asked questions over the past 6 weeks (I recall 3
times... maybe 4). The frequency has inspired me to consider
creating a FAQ page for PDML (we'll see). Anyhow, just wanted to make sure
that you came across the following discussions in the archives:

Discussion of 28-70 (and 24-90)
http://www.mail-archive.com/pentax-discuss@pdml.net/msg61865.html

LOTS of comments on all Pentax lenses:
http://www.concentric.net/~smhalpin/LongComments.html#ZoomsDET
(scroll down)

FA28-105/f3.2-4.5
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=pentax-discuss_pdml_net&restrict=&exclude=&words=28-105mm

http://www.mail-archive.com/pentax-discuss@pdml.net/msg54965.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/pentax-discuss@pdml.net/msg05093.html

Theres more... but I'm tired already. HTH,
  jerome