On Wed, Jul 17, 2013, Bob Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> reply-to-list is preferred when it's... a list!
>>
>> Then why have almost all lists switched to reply-to-sender?
>
> This is a list.  Posting has been this way for 10+ years.

And your point is?....  FSM knows I'm *so* not a fan of change for
change's sake, but I also think it's bizarre to excuse a state of affairs
as "that's the way we've always done it".  If people actually do prefer
reply-to list, I'm certainly not agitating for change.  (And since only
one person has specifically expressed a preference for switching off
reply-to list, I'll shut up except for addressing any other wrong
comments.)

> Show me another list that doesn't respond to everyone.

darktable-us...@lists.sourceforge.net, just for example.  I'm on about
twenty or thirty different mailing lists, I'd say that maybe five are
reply-to list.

> Pentax Forum sure doesn't post your reply only to the original sender.

As you said, above, this is a *l*i*s*t*.

> We like the way this works.  Get used to it!

I'm used to it, just brought it up because someone mentioned mistakenly
replying to list when they intended private, and because I've seen a
number of lists over the last decade or two switch off reply-to list
because of the disproportionate cost of making a mistake.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/