Thank you, Bob.

If I'm not mistaken (my memory of the layout at that location is a tad sketchy) that's a war memorial monument. The spot is located between the county courthouse and city hall, and there's a fountain in the center with various flower trees, shrubs and planters around it. It's actually a decent place to take photos if you can keep other people out of the background.

But, yes -- I see what you're talking about. It's not quite enough to ruin the shot, but just enough to make me wish I'd framed it a wee bit differently.

-- Walt