From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Mark C
Sent: Sunday, 21 July 2013 7:57 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Bulk Film Loading

On 7/20/2013 11:18 AM, John Sessoms wrote:

> I seem to have inherited the pack-rat gene as a dominant from both
> parents ...

Then you are probably the right person to ask this question - can you re-use
commercial film
canisters?  I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this in a public forum but I
just developed 2 rolls
of Pro-Max 100.
Just for the fun of it I tried popping the end of each canister off with just
my fingers, no can
opener. They came off easily and after the film was spooled I put the canister,
center spool and
ends back together.
Both of them look perfectly serviceable. Did you ever try re-using the actual
canister?  I don't
think this would work with Kodak or Fuji canisters - the end caps on those seem
to be held on tight
and a can opener is needed to get them off - but who knows about other brands,
like UltraFine and
Adox etc...

If I can reuse the canisters, which normally sell for about $1 each, then the
$1.75 per roll I paid
for the Pro Max was not a terribly bad deal.

Mark