The light is no harsher than the landscape.

Aahz,
From the orientation of the shadow, the sun was almost overhead. When
traveling, sometimes you take what you can get, But with a dawn or dusk lit scene, this image would move out of the documentary category and into a fine outdoor art category.

Its taken me many years to really appreciate the quality of light in my images and there are many times I just won't take a shot knowing the current light will degrade what could otherwise be a good/great image.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aahz Maruch" <a...@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: PESO - Spider Rock