(This is not OT, since the original image was created with my Pentax K-5.)
I mentioned in a previous thread, my interest in Alternative
Processes. That interest was reawakened at our local "Art in the Park"
a couple of Sunday's ago. There was a Nebraska practitioner of
Alternative Processes there (that I had never heard of before) by the
name of Jason Jilg.
http://www.jasonjilg.com/home

His work was quite lovely and he displayed cyanotypes, salt prints,
bromide prints, and tin types. I got to visit with him briefly and
gathered a few nuggets of information. He is soon moving to Wisconsin,
but apparently he had offered classes through the Sheldon Art Gallery
in Lincoln, NE (which I was also unaware of).

Anyway, this reminded me that I had intended to purchase Jill
Enfield's new title after it was published in June, so I did. I can
highly recommend it and even wrote a review on Amazon for it. In
addition, I checked another book that is considered a classic in that
field entitled, "Coming into Focus" by John Barnier. This book is
apparently used in many classes and so was in short supply when I last
looked (and textbook expensive). However, this is a good time to
purchase textbooks (before students begin purchasing them again for
August classes) and I found a Very Good copy for less than $20
shipped. While I was at it, I purchased the chemistry for cyanotypes
(Photographers' Formulary 07-0091 Liquid Cyanotype Printing Kit) and
some hake brushes.

I've created the inverted image files for a couple of different
versions of my image "God Rays" that I hope will make a decent
cyanotype. I have the transparency material (Inkpress Transparency
Film, 8-1/2x11) and I plan on printing 7x10-1/2" on watercolor paper
from the local Hobby Lobby.

Once I have a few transparencies, I'd like to experiment with some of
the other processes beginning with Van Dyke brown.

If there is anyone on the list that has dabbled in Alternative
Processes, I'd love to hear your experiences.

--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi