From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry Colen
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 5:08 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO Enamel lava

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 04:55:01PM -0400, Bruce Walker wrote:
> >> K20D, DA* 50-135/2.8 @ 70mm/F:7.1, 1/160th, ISO 200; Lr + Ps + Nik
> >> + Portraiture; AF540FGZ @ 1/2 power in fleaBay 30" octa umbrella
> >> softbox, left.
> >
> > umbrella softbox?
>
> Yup, one of these:
>
> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Photo-80cm-315-Octagon-Umbrella-Flash-Softbox-B
> rolly-Reflector-/300896302632
>
> Best twenty five bucks I've spent in ages. I know it will eventually
> break like all cheap umbrellas do, but I can afford to mail-order one
> whenever I need another. Folds down to a very small flat package, easy
> to carry around. Super light on the monopod, so everyone who was asked
> to was able to hold it up.

Damn you, I think you just cost me $25 or $50.  My softboxes are a pita to
set up.  The one downside would be adjusting the light inside.

They look like they might give a more directional light than a conventional
umbrella.

I'm afraid that my light modifier addiction makes my lens buying addiction
seem tame.

> Thanks, Larry!
>
> --
> -bmw