Thanks, Christine -
To me those beams are important.. if anything , Id clip a bit of the top so that the hexagon corners jsut touch the opt of the frame..
I see what you mean - but in general, I don't care for square format
Like about 3:2 the best. Most photos of mine that I fiddle with
that result in loooking best in square format end up getting discarded.

I LOVE the K-5!  this is the full GESO of examples (not may photos)

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/Learning-the-K-5

I particularly love it for being able to go totally manual now that I have my eyes back and can focus and can use my 28mm and my 50 from the
70's - When something isn't quite sharp it's because of camera movement,
or when I was shooting from him not fast enough.

Paul taught me use green button to lock in exposure . I love the
way I can use AWB, take a frame, and then adjust the WB.  Unfortunately,
I've forgotten that I've fined tuned it for certain light sometimes..

Don't know the camera well enough yet to take full davantage of the
fancy stuff, but being able to do without auto focus is a major plus.
I'm so glad to be able to use the lens to adjust aperture and I've
been setting the lens on f8 with the little red line pointing to it
for grab shots - checking for light along the way.

Love seeing the data for what you are doing on the nice big screen
And it seems I get more light with the manual lenses - but I haven't
checked it scientifically.  Wonderful to be able to shoot at high ISO
without flash.

Only trouble with shooting totally manually is the exif data doesn't tell me what focal length I'm using or what lens. The 50 is an A
but I had better success NOT using the A for controlling the ap..

I tried one HDR thing but didn't really get how to do it - just wanted
to see if there was some purpose to it that wasnt over the top.

Did I mention i love the K-5? :-)

ann