First one is gorgeous!

cheers,
frank

--- Original Message ---

From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
Sent: August 5, 2013 8/5/13
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: PESOs Juvenile Great Blue Heron

This somewhat immature Heron was standing in a shallow Rouge River feeder
stream in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. As I approached it took flight. I
followed it downstream a couple hundred feet and saw another bird that appeared
to be a different species standing on a log (unfortunately, against a busy
background). He had a crown of feathers standing straight up and brown markings
on his neck. After studying the Audubon guide this morning, I've come to the
conclusion that they're one and the same. Herons all have that crown of
feathers, but this is the first time I've seen them extended.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=17486421&size=lg

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=17486422&size=lg