So, after marks back up question last week, i have decided to add one
more external HD to my machine and do a full back up, currently i use
two externals to back up photos and some doc's.
I looked at Time Machione links on Gogle and i noticed this quote from Apple:

":Time Machine can’t back up to an external drive that's connected to
an AirPort Extreme or a drive formatted for Microsoft Windows (NTFS or
FAT format).  If you select an NTFS or FAT-formatted drive, Time
Machine prompts you to reformat the drive. Choose a different drive or
reformat the drive in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format."

When i buy my new external, do i have to run the disk utilities and
format to Mac extended or is there a format on the external any way.

Dave OSX 10.6.8 21.5"iMac

--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
www.caughtinmotion.com