Many years ago Gary Larson of Far Side fame penned a cartoon
called Cow Tools.  In the cartoon a cow stood beaming over a work
bench of crudely designed tools.  The unspoken point being that
if cows made tools, lacking opposable thumbs the tools would
likely be quite primitive.  According to Larson he received more
mail about the cow tools cartoon than any other in the history of
the Far Side, people just didn't get it.  Now I find myself in a
similar situation.  I've been starring at William Robb's Maria
for about 15 minutes and I'm still at a loss to explain what it
is or why I like it.  Can anyone help?

Evan