I shyed away from the 28-70 F4 for build reasons, the
old F 35-80 is better built but optically short of it.
The 80-200 zoom ring is so nice and smooth, due to the
internal zoom design and I suspect more durable. The
older black finished 80-200 is the one you want, the
49mm filter thread is a bonus to. I have had little
flare problems with the lens in the past and it's
great right to the corners, no gumpy distortion (tm).
Ok this is making me want to get it back now.