Create a collection and put in it all those you've initially selected.

Award each photo one star.

Put a filter on the collection so that it shows just those photos which have
one star.

As you review each picture either remove the star, or give it another star.

When you've completed the first round, change the filter to 2 stars.

Repeat until you have the right number of photos, or run out of stars.