Great stuff!

The stockyard gate is wonderful. My other fave is the grain elevators. Reminds
me of my youth.

Montreal had huge ones down at the harbour. Most are gone now, I think one bank
is left. The concrete was so thick they couldn't dynamite them!

No longer an anachronistic eyesore, they are beautiful industrial design,
harking back to a time when the North American bread basket fed the world (or
so we were taught, seems that might have been an exaggeration.

Wonderful pix!

Cheers,
frank

Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:
>Hi Everyone:
>
>Here's the PAW for this week
>
>http://www.caguila.com/paw2013/content/_IGP6792_large.html
>
>Darrel & I drove to the site of the old Chicago Stock Yards, which is
>now an industrial park.  But the old gate is a National Landmark.
>

>Here's a quick 10 shot gallery of the views entering the area.  Check
>out the illustration of the famous hog wheel.
>http://www.caguila.com/stockyard/index.html
>
>Also, here are some quick shots made from the car--just street scene
>stuff.  Paul & Ann--check out what's on the corner of Halsted and
>Maxwell streets now!
>
>http://www.caguila.com/quickstreet/index.html
>
>Felt good to be out for a morning Sunday drive.  We also drove through
>the Pilsen neighborhood and stopped in the Mexican Fine Arts Museum
>which was very nice.  I made some quick street shots from the car, but
>we didn't get out and walk.  We're planning to go back and walk around
>to get better shots.
>
>Cheers, Christine

“Analysis kills spontaneity.” -- Henri-Frederic Amiel