I am told dust removal on the K-5 is based on ultrasonics.
Hence one can't hear any perceptible noise not even a gentle purr
like on my K20D.
I have put the body to my ears a number of times. I can't even feel a
vibration as with my K20D.
At first this worried me, as I was not sure if the dust removal menu
was working at all.
I bought my K-5 with the 18-135 WR Lens in late January 2013 from
Henrys of Toronto for CAD 1108. I have checked that it was the Ricoh
manufactured model with a shutter count of (1) from the first photo I took.
My K-5 is awesome, as the combo takes great photos - almost two times
the sharpness, color and contrast of the AL II Kit Lens.
Hope we now have some happy K-5 Users out there or do I need to be
unhappy?
Regards.
Bipin.