Thanks for the reminder, Brian. Have been meaning to have a look. Is the lighting ok? The Maritime sometimes is a little dark

On 27/08/2013 9:56 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
G'day all

My wife and I are both emerging from 'The Lost Weekend' having lunched on what we suspect was a dubious chicken (aka a crook chook) last Friday. It's at times like this that a house needs more than one bathroom...

However, before our date with the drumsticks of doom we went along to the exhibition 'Ansel Adams - Photography from the Mountains to the Sea', which is currently on at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney. The link between the exhibition and the maritime theme of the Museum is a bit tenuous but I'm not complaining.

There are over 70 prints on display most, if not all, by Adams himself. They are both impressive and inspiring - certainly to my untutored eye. It's quite informative to compare the density and tonal range of many of the prints with the lack of those characters in some of the reproductions in the exhibition catalog.

Many of the images were photographed in Yosemite National Park, which we had the great privilege of visiting just a couple of months ago.

Details here:

http://www.anmm.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=2145

The exhibition runs until 8 December 2013.