Hi!

1. My lovely FA 77/1.8 appears to have developed some kind of a haze. It affects the images if the light sources are in the frame or near the frame at certain angle. Then the contrast goes down. Otherwise I get as Limited images with it as it gets.

The serial number is 00002504, so it is a very early sample. Naturally it is made in Japan and stuff. It is of silver color and comes with matching Pentax SMC protection filter, which is also silver.

I gave it for examination to Pentax Israel and they said that they would have to send it to Europe (I think Germany) to have it fixed, which will cost me order of USD 300.

I decided to part with it. If you're interested, please make me an honest offer. Please notice that I will send it via EMS fully insured. I cannot offer returns unless you come here for a visit and give it back to me due to taxation. I take PayPal.

2. I also have FA 100/3.5 macro, which I think (I am honestly not sure) has some kind of haze too. This lens is plastic fantastic macro lens (I think originally designed by Cosina). It goes to half lifesize (1:2) and it shoots straight. I will try to see how it reacts to light sources in the frame as it hasn't seen use for quite some time.

Again, make me an offer, if you're interested. I think it may serve as a part of some handy man's project.

3. The following two items are for grabs (or for exchange of some favor, should I need to buy something from KEH or whatever I cannot do from where I am):

a. The Hoya Zoom Close Up attachment. It has 49mm thread so that I attaches to FA 50/1.4 and the likes. On the other side it has 67mm thread. I tried it recently and I think one can say it is a soft macro lens. On FA 50/1.4 fully opened the images are soft and dreamy. At f/5.6 it is sharp and contrasty across the frame.

b. Starblitz 3601DTZ multi system flash. This is my backup flash, but my main Metz flash is so reliable I don't think I need it to occupy space in my cabinets. It has a switch on the back by which you can make it work with Nikon, Canon/Pentax, Olympus, Minolta, etc. It tilts and swivels and it has manual zoom settings at 35, 50 and 85 mms. It says it supports TTL (not P-TTL) but I did not try it, as I only have a film body that can work in this mode. It has two auto settings and a light sensor so that I reckon it measures the light independently of the camera.

Additionally, it comes with the set of color filters and a wide angle filter/diffuser.

I used it in the past as my main flash and it is a fine beginner's flash.

Please contact me off the list if you're interested.

Boris