On 8/29/2013 2:34 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
A new Vivitar 285HV is a very versatile and powerful, non-dedicated
flash unit that sells for about $85. Don't buy an old used one ...
New ones have the low trigger voltage needed for safe use on modern
digital cameras.

Godfrey

Unfortunately the NEW Vivitar 285HV are a piece of shit. The old ones also had the low trigger voltage, so if you can find one of those get it, but don't buy the new ones.

It's a shame, because I really like the 285HV & think it's one of the best flashes ever made.

Wander on over to "Strobist" and get the details if you're interested.

On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:31 AM, "P.J. Alling"